Information for Applicants
- Applications for Grants must be supported by a member of the Northern Meeting. The application form is available here.
- The geographical reach will be the seven counties of the Northern Meeting – Banffshire, Caithness, Inverness, Moray, Nairn, Ross & Cromarty and Sutherland.
- Grants will encourage social interaction and support less well known causes, and will not normally support welfare or large, well-known charities. Small voluntary organisations will be favoured rather than established national charities; the aim is always for the Grant to make a difference.
- Themes may include: culture, arts, music, dance, sport and adventure – however these themes are not exhaustive.
- Grants are normally in the range £500 to £2500.
- The application should be accompanied by the applicant’s most recent set of accounts plus any comments on the applicant’s current financial position.
If a Grant is awarded then the Northern Meeting Charity will ask you to provide publicity material (photos/videos and a quote) that we can use in our Charity newsletter. In addition, we will ask you to refer to the Grant by the charity when publicising your own activities.
Please let us know if there are any changes to your plans for using the Grant.